Intermas has been developing, manufacturing and marketing modular assembly systems for more than 30 years. Intermas offers an extensive range of more than 10,000 separate components including electronic enclosures, electronic subracks, RFI shielding, cable housings, interface housings, cassettes, CPCI, and IEEE, along with a full line of accessories and hardware.
Intermas-Elcom develops, manufactures and markets components and modules for the “packaging” of electronics: cabinets, housings, subracks, cassettes and an extensive range of accessories which leaves nothing to be desired.
Intermas products are used in almost all fields of industrial electronics and telecommunications and military and traffic technology at home and abroad. Well-known customers throughout the world rely on Intermas.
Modular Assembly Systems
- Subracks and subrack Accessories
The InterRack system cabinet is made of steel and is easy to assemble using screws. Profiles and paneling elements are galvanized. The customer can choose between two colors of paint finish. The rack variants and assembly elements provide the capability for individual configuration. Protection classes IP 40 and IP 54 are achieved thanks to the use of silicon-free seals. This cabinet stands out due to its enormous flexibility of the configuration and extension options.
- Consistent assembly in the 25-mm-space grid enables appropriate graduation in terms of width, height and depth.
- Easily incorporated into CAE and CAD-supported development projects.
- Each level can be used for assembly using only a few system elements.
- Self-tapping screws allow simple and fast assembly and dismantling and ensure tight and electrically conductive connections. Conducting surfaces and the replaceable system elements ensure excellent EMC characteristics.
The InterMeZo from Intermas is a modular and costeffective housing solution for high-quality industrial electronics in a visually attractive design, developed for the highest possible flexibility and simplest possible assembly, with expansion capabilities for more demanding needs, compliant with stringent EMI/ESDprotection specifications, and with extensive configuration options to fulfil application-specific requirements.
The system dimensions of the RFI-SHIELDED subrack are based on those of the FLEXIBLE subrack as a logical further development to produce the perfectly shielded subrack. This allows unrestricted use of the extensive and complete range of accessories. The special design features of the RFI-SHIELDED subrack:
- The refined RFI shielding concept enables high shielding effectiveness.
- The stable stainless steel contact springs ensure permanent and reliable bonding, even after a large number of plug-in cycles.
- The perforated RFI cover plates guarantee optimal air flow for improved heat dissipation.
- The use of high-quality, seawater-resistant aluminum alloys and stainless steel materials removes, for the most part, the need for unnecessary, environmentally harmful surface treatment.
- There are three versions of this subrack:
- Subrack RFI-SHIELDED The standard RFI-shielded version.
- Subrack RFI-SHIELDED IEEE The front is in accordance with IEEE 1101.10. The special profile rail is designed for the use of insertion and removal handles (optionally with a hot-swap function) for overcoming high insertion and removal resistance.
- Subrack RFI-SHIELDED IEEE / Rear I/O The front and the rear are in accordance with IEEE 1101.10/11. This enables insertion and removal of modules with a front panel from both the front and the rear of the subrack.
The system dimensions of the InterRail subrack are based on those of the FLEXIBLE Fi as a logical further development to produce a subrack for heavy-duty use. This allows unrestricted use of the extensive range of accessories. The special design features of the InterRail subrack:
√ Profile rails with a high section modulus guarantee resistance to vibrations.√ The refined RFI-shielding concept enables high shielding effectiveness (see the RFI-SHIELDED chapter).√ There are four versions of this subrack:
- Subrack InterRail Shielding is not possible for the unsealed version.
- 2. Subrack InterRail RFI The RFI-shielded version.
- 3. Subrack InterRail RFI – IEEE The front is in accordance with IEEE 1101.10. The special profile rail is designed for the use of insertion and removal handles (optionally with a hot-swap function) for overcoming high insertion and removal resistance. The card guides are fitted with mechanical coding systems and special bonding for electrostatic discharge.
- 4. Subrack InterRail SNCF The special subrack with certification from the French Railways.
For vertical mounting PCB’s of varying heights, divider kits are available.
Supplied as unassembled kits. These are either packed as a kit of parts for one unit or as individual components, whereby parts of similar type are packed together.
The dimensions of the CompactPCI system modules are based on those of the RFI-SHIELDED CPCI / Rear I/O ( see the RFI-SHIELDED chapter). This allows unrestricted use of the extensive and complete range of subrack accessories. The special design features of the CompactPCI system modules:
The refined RFI-shielding concept enables high shielding effectiveness (see the RFI-SHIELDED chapter).
- The construction offers additional space for drives and hard disks.
- They are fitted with an ATX 300 W power supply unit with a wide-range input and PFC.
- CPCI backplane in accordance with specification 2.0 Rev. 3.0, with or without rear I/O
- Convection or active ventilation Delivery The subrack is delivered assembled.
The cassette has two functions: It can be inserted into a subrack just like a PCB and it can accommodate plug-in boards. 3 cassette versions are available: 1. A cassette with extruded side walls Extruded side walls in combination with a front panel and a rear panel make up the basic cassette which is then fitted with top and bottom plates. 2. A cassette with 4 depth profiles Four identical depth profiles in combination with a front panel and a rear panel make up the basic cassette which is then fitted with top and bottom plates. Two side service apertures are created which make the interior of the cassette easily accessible for inspection purposes. These apertures can be closed off using slide-in panels. 3. Cassette with cover hood This version consists of a extruded side wall at the left to which the protective cover with an integrated rear wall is attached. The rear has a 4 HP aperture for installing an IEC 60 603-2 type B, C, D or F connector.
The special design features of the cassettes: The side edges of the front panel are slit for insertion of RFI gaskets which harmonically blend into the front panel grid and which require no additional space. The cassettes fit into all IEC 60 297 subracks. The cassette is fitted in the subrack using PCB guide mounts. For the right side of the cassette the guide mount is installed rotated by 180°. Suitable for accommodating Euroboards (3U, 6U) in accordance with IEC 60 297.
Suitable for accommodating Euroboards (3U, 6U) in accordance with IEC 60 297. The side walls and depth profiles have guide channels for insertion of 3U or 6U boards; only installation at the left is standardized.√ Additional guide mounts can be snapped into the top and bottom cover panels to accommodate internal boards. When used in a subrack the distance between the cassette and the PCB to the right of it is 2.47 mm.
Three different rear panels are available:
- Cassette „RG“ (rear panel closed): This cassette is particularly suitable for any installation.
- Cassette „RT“ (rear panel with partial aperture): The rear panel has a 4HP aperture for installation of a connector.
- Cassette „RV“ (rear panel with full aperture): The rear panel has an aperture across its full width and is perforated for installation of connectors.
Wiring And Accessories
Connectors and Accessories
√ In accordance with IEC 60 603-2 / DIN 41 612
√ Designs supplementing the standards
Interface Housings for
IEC 60 603-2 / DIN 41 612 Connectors
√ Plastic version
√ Metal version
√ Shielding concept
√ Also for railway applications in
accordance with BN 74 016
Cover for Euroboards
√ Self-extinguishing in accordance with UL 94-V0
√ For use with or without a coding strip
SE Bus Bars
√ High current capacity up to 120 A
√ 2 connection types
√ 2 or 3-pole
There are no reviews yet.